Friday 8 February 2008

Tortoise



I bought this book for my friend Jane for her birthday in 2005 because she has three tortoises. I saw the book in January in Waterstones and thought I know someone who would just love this book, and I wrote the details down on a scrap piece of paper and hoping I did not lose it between then and May. Well I didn't lose the scrap of paper and ordered the book for Jane. I recently remembered the book and thought I might like to read it, and she gladly lent it to me.

It is a remarkable story. A story of a "female" tortoise who died in February 2004, but thought to have lived for 160yrs. 1926 discovered he was a she! Timothy lived in the Rose Garden at Powderham Castle Devon, and ate Strawberries!

The book is a great read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love reading them and I read every single one!