Tuesday 15 July 2008

Determination Prevails!

I went to a local garden centre whilst on holiday and ordered a "Cream Tea" - I was told sorry no scones! On the way home I thought I know I can cook I'll make some, bought the Clotted Cream and Jam but did not get around to it for a couple of days, when I went make them I found the Clotted Cream was starting to grow a "winter's fur coat" go mouldy! I hadn't broken the seal on the cream and promptly took the cream back to Tescos which they graciously exchanged. Today I came in from work lunchtime a promptly cooked some scones!

Scone Recipe

Pre-heat the oven at 220 degrees centigrade - gas 7

225g (8ozs) Self Raising Flour
40g (1 1/2 oz) Butter (room temperature)
25g (1oz) Caster Sugar
75g (3oz) Raisins
1 Egg beaten into 8 Tablespoons Milk

Rub the Butter into the Flour until resembles breadcrumbs.
Stir in Sugar and Raisins.
Add Egg and Milk and mix lightly to a soft dough. (You may not use all of this mixture)
Gently roll out the dough to about and inch thick and cut with a 3" cutter.
Brush with either Milk or if you have any leftover the Egg and Milk mix.
Put on a baking sheet and cook for about 15 minutes until golden brown.
Cool on a wire rack.

Serve warm with Clotted Cream and Jam

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cheese Scones

Same recipe but remove Sugar and Raisins and add 3 ozs of finely grated Cheddar Cheese and sprinkle cheese on the top too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you have any other scone recipes I would love to share them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love reading them and I read every single one!