Sunday 3 August 2008

Teabread

Start this either the night before or at least four hours before.

Make a pot of tea using two tea bags with half pint (300ml) Water
(ordinary tea or try Earl Grey or Lapsang Souchong any sort of tea really)!
Leave for about five minutes.

Pour the tea over 4 ozs (125grms) Sugar and 8 ozs (205 grms) Dried Fruit
and leave for minimum of four hours

When ready to cook preheat oven on 180 degrees - gas 4 and line loaf tin
Add 2 beaten eggs and 8 ozs (225grms) Self Raisin Flour
to the tea, fruit, sugar mixture and beat well.

Pour into the lined tin and cook for about an hour.
Test with a skewer and if it comes out clean it is cooked
Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before removing from tin

When cold cut into thin slices and serve with or without butter

Will keep well for about a week in an airtight container

1 comment:

  1. DEFinitely with butter.
    I'm a lover of teabread, I'll be making mine this week, Earl Grey is my preference. (will put up the no knead recipe too - shout at me if forget! tis a bit mad here just now)
    E
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love reading them and I read every single one!