Sunday 15 February 2009

What a difference a week makes!

This time last week the most of the country was covered in snow.
Some places was quite deep. This weekend it was if it never
even existed. Quite a warm day for February 9 degrees centigrade!


Decided it was time to prune the shrubs!

I have been trying to get into the garden since Christmas

but it has been quite cold up until now.

The pruned branches and twigs
This is the remains of the dreaded Bindweed.
It seems to have worked (see 10 June o8 posting last year)
I seem to have eradicated it from the front garden, even in
a place I didn't treat which goes to show how far it can spread
and I also eradicated it from the neighbours garden too!
I'll let you know if it returns!

Ready to be taken to the recycling centre, a cup of tea first!

2 comments:

  1. It's a satisfying job, pruning, feels harsh but you know it's good in the long run. Funny idea, but it works doesn't it. I suppose way way back in time, it would have been wild animals who did it,chewing their way along. Now that's enough profound thinking in one day for me.
    Keep your eyes open, as I shall be doing a hand-made pass it forward thing soon, and I'd really really like it if you were one those to respond so that I can send you something. All will be revealed soon, and there's no obligation, lol.
    E
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved getting out in the garden this weekend too, it really felt like Spring!
    The opening hours of the shop are Mon-Tue-thu-Fri-Sat 10.30 till 4.30...Hope to see you soon, Jen x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love reading them and I read every single one!