Saturday 11 December 2010

FINISHED!

I haven't blogged much recently, I haven't left many comments sorry for that. I had flu and I have made things for a craft fair. The 'swear box' is full too!! My other little bit of spare time was taken up designing and stitching a wedding sampler for our son and daughter-in-law.

I completed it and washed and pressed it by 9pm last night, mounted it and took it to the framers this afternoon, it will be ready for next Saturday.
I washed it in a pillow case. Pin it to one side of the pillow case and then turn the pillow case inside out so the Sampler is inside. Follow these instructions


Yes they are Space Invaders you can see, they were on the all the wedding stationery and table settings and Michael and the two best men Simon and Ewan had cuff links.

RIGHT...........now I can think about Christmas! Off to make the Christmas cake now - if you haven't made on yet either my recipe can be found here!

11 comments:

  1. your son and daughter will be over the moon with that, hand crafted with love n precious time.
    BEAUTIFUL xxxx enjoy your cake making ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful Sampler. I hope it is appreciated, they take such a long time to make, but worth every minute.
    Good luck with the Christmas cake. look forward to seeing it on the blog....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That lovely sampler will become a family heirloom I'm sure. Don't go doing too much if you are just over the 'flu now will you?!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sampler is beautiful Julie. I am sorry that you have been unwell - hopefully it is onwards and upwards towards Christmas now! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful, I love a nice sampler :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're such a clever stitcher Julie!
    Enjoy the run up to Christmas now!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. thats lovely they will love it im sure. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a lovely comment. Happy cake making. Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi julie!!
    lovely, I like specially the "hand writting"; I have never embroidered anything, but love looking at it; some day will give it a try
    when is the wedding?
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. what an absolutely beautiful sampler- how clever you are!
    Hope you're well over your flu and not feeling too tired from it.
    How is your blogshop going?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you, thank you so much! your little parcel arrived today, such a thoughtful thing to do ;0)x
    love the christmas sampler style christmas card- wonderful and the very beautiful brooch x

    merry christmas xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear you're on the mend....
    Lovely cross stitch!xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love reading them and I read every single one!