Sunday 23 January 2011

Had a weekend at home!

Normally on a Saturday, we would get up, breakfast and go out, sometimes just for the sake of a bit of change of scenery!. This Saturday I decided I didn't really want or need to go out (its all part of my economising), and concentrate instead on 'special' trips during the year which I will blog about if I get there! Alex popped out for a couple of items, we had already been to Tesco last Tuesday afternoon for the big shop, as now there is just us two, we only go when we need to, when cupboards, fridge and freezer and on the verge of empty! They had lots of offers on fruit and vegetables that afternoon and they must have just had a delivery because everything was so fresh and appetising, I just filled the trolley with fruit and vegetables!

As I had just read a post on The Quince Tree. I decided to have a go. I chopped celery, carrots, onions and garlic for casserole/soups packs and in separate packs I put finely chopped peppers, onions and garlic, ideal for Pizzas, Bolognais Sauce or anything else you can think of.........


I made a Vegetable Casserole/Soup yesterday. I make casseroles because I can put them in the oven and forget about them for a couple of hours and go and do something nice! Something involving crafting! I made the casserole with one of my frozen bags of vegetables to which I added Swede, Butternut Squash and Potato which were not frozen, Ground Pepper and lots of Italian Herbs and cover the vegetables with just water and put in the oven about 150 degrees centigrade till all the vegetables were soft, then served in warm bowls and fresh crusty bread.
While in Tescos bought these flowers
Well they do last just as long!

2 comments:

  1. It's nice to get a bargain isn't it? I have just been to Morrisons and couldn't believe that I had £28.00 of shopping but had hardly bought a thing! There were loads of people just buying sugar as it was on special offer. They were being really greedy and tried to fill trolly loads full of it but were told they could could only have 6 packets of sugar per customer. My, they must have a sweet tooth!!!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's got to be done! I cannot beleive how much we spend on food each week, and seam to have to return to the supermarket about 3 times a week!
    There is nothing quite so tasty as a bargain!

    Kath
    x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love reading them and I read every single one!