Saturday 30 November 2013

My First Post From the New Computer

Not only a post here I have done a post here too........

Clever husband went on one of those forums, and a kind person helped us out with one specific problem, and after we 'liked' and thanked him a few days later he emailed again giving us a few more tips and guess what we have a computer now that looks very much like XP but is actually Windows 8.1.  I'm happy!

Well I was till one very chilly morning at the beginning of the week I found my new 100% wool gloves had been attacked by a moth!  The way they were put away, the moth nibbled through most of the fingers.


Does anyone have a natural remedy for keeping moths at bay?


Then I went to Tesco this morning to replace the brandy I had finished after about four years and to be ready for next years Christmas cake.  Everyday Value brandy just for cooking with, not only was quite expensive but, it now comes in a plastic bottle!!


Don't forget its the start of Advent tomorrow, not to late to join in.....
see here and here




















5 comments:

  1. Oh dear.Those moths are nuisances arent they? I dont know any sort of remedies to prevent them attacking other than the traditional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me neither-essential oils on liner paper should help when storing woollens rather than resorting to chemicals. I use cedar and lavender together. Although it wont stop your problem-as it wont kill, just repels. Martha Stewart.com has some great advice on getting rid of moth larvae. You'll need to watch out for other items now as if you have them they'll keep munching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moths are sneaky little blighters! We had them in my wool rug thanks to an infested case of old clothes! Hope you can mend the gloves. Great first advent pic xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look through everything. Put woollens in the deep freeze for at least 48 hours (should kill the larvae). Look out for what looks like rice grains, it indicates that moths have hatched. Pesky blighters and right royal pain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look through everything. Put woollens in the deep freeze for at least 48 hours (should kill the larvae). Look out for what looks like rice grains, it indicates that moths have hatched. Pesky blighters and right royal pain

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love reading them and I read every single one!